Thursday 8 December 2011

Oreo brownies


Some days just suck, and I find best way to chill out and calm down is to bake, unfortunately right now I don't have what I need exactly to bake or the time but if I was baking it would be these.  So in hope of calming down before going to try and finish my Christmas shopping I thought this blog post while I was drinking my coffee might help.  This recipe has evolved along the way, not exactly sure where it came from as it's written on a bit of paper, that I even remembered to write recipe title on the top of.  #Which is rare, often I sit there wondering what some of these recipes actually are supposed to make lol  I saw the lovely Lorraine pascale make oreo cookies so added some to this recipe and :oD happy bunny here.  I do remember converting this from cups etc and weighing ingredients so may seem odd amount but they work for me 

72 g butter
100g  dark choc
50g milk choc
150 g white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
70g plain flour
I packet of oreo cookies

ok to start oven at gas mark 3 or 325 and centre a shelf in oven. 
Line your brownie pan with baking paper or buttered/greased foil 

put the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering pan of water until melted, don't let the water boil and make sure the bowl doesn't come into contact with the water. 


 Stir occasionally and it should end up looking glorious silky and smooth, when it looks like picture below remove the bowl from the saucepan, being very very careful, that bowl is hot!



Which you will then wreck by stirring in your sugar, it will go grainy and look like it's almost seized and been ruined, it's fine just go with it.  next you need to beat in your eggs and vanilla extract.  then fold in your sifted flour and salt
Roughly chop 3/4 of the cookies, bearing in mind 2 or 3 will get eaten by passing kids etc so I never have managed to use a whole pack, and I always save one for coffee while the brownies bake. Stir these through the brownie batter and put batter into prepared tin. 

I half roughly the remaining cookies and decorate the top with them and bake for 30 minutes.  And they come out looking a bit like this 

The insides still gooey and outsides just crisp but chewy to. 


Now my coffee has almost vanished and I am feeling a little less stressed so I think the day will end up to be not to bad after all :o) 

2 comments:

  1. These look AMAZING can't wait to try them :D great recipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I have tried many brownie recipes over the years, but this one is my eldest sons favourite one. :o)

    ReplyDelete