Friday 3 January 2014

Mixy mixy mix muffins

OR 
Mincemeat and cranberry muffins 

Not a brilliant first photo but the light was strange at this point due to the weather.  With school out and my daughter at work I was pleased to have my son Luke home and Granddaughter Ever round to play.  I mentioned baking and Ever was in the kitchen and had oven gloves at the ready 



I started to get things out and the wash basket was flipped over and Ever was in there quick as lightening and pushing everyone out the way to be in charge of the dry ingredients bowl.


In the dry ingredients bowl we measured out
250g self raising flour
150 g caster sugar
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
50 grams dried cranberries
2 teaspoons of mixed spice

These were stirred together well with a wooden spoon while Ever was chanting and singing mixy mixy mixy mix

I preheated the oven to gas mark 6 and then we put out 12 muffin cases in a tray and Luke was in charge of the dry ingredients, he whisked together
200ml semi skimmed milk
85 ml vegetable oil
2 eggs 


Happily still mixing Luke then added the wet to the dry mix and it was kind of mixed between the pair of them, Luckily being muffins not being totally combined is fine. we added 
125g of mincemeat left over from Christmas mince pie making and folded through.


I just about convinced the kids to let me put it in the cases and we got 11 out of the mix, baked for 18 minutes or until skewer comes out clean.




we dived in while still only just warm.  A cup of tea with them would of been perfect. 



No comments:

Post a Comment