Monday 13 August 2012

Chicken and mushroom risotto

Well that's what it was supposed to be! I bought the few ingredients I needed and happily started soaking dried mushrooms, poaching chicken breast in stock and chopping. Then to my disbelief I discovered no risotto rice.

It was a hot long day and I had dragged Son to village already so I ended up using basmati rice.

Alright it wasn't risotto but it was a recipe from the new book the hairy dieters. By Simon king and Dave Myers. Will try this again as the flavours were brilliant. The whole dish had a rich, luxurious feeling. No small portions, flavours really stood up and sang out loud. Wouldn't of guessed it was low fat or low on calories.

It was that good we forgot to take a pic. Sorry folks

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of getting that book, glad to hear you are having successes from it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have made loads from the book, it is well worth buying. Sweet and sour. jalferzi ( sp?) risotto etc. All decent sized portions and yummy low calorie low fat food :o)

      Delete