Tuesday 28 August 2012

Pitta


Today there has been a fair bit of bread baking going on While the focaccia was resting etc I decided to make some pitta to go with tonight's lamb we are having.   I started off using Paul Hollywood How to bake recipe. Which I have made before and they came out well.  Only today I decided to do a variation on it.

After the initial first rising of dough I had ready a small handful of coriander chopped, grated zest of half a lemon, grated garlic clove and a teaspoon of Nigella/onion seeds and kneaded these into the dough. 

Pauls recipe then calls for a preheated oven with a stone or baking tray preheated. Being a focaccia loaf had just been put into the oven I decided to try cooking them in a frying pan on the stove.  no oil or anything just a medium heated non stick pan. 

Divided the dough into 6 and rolled each into 3 mm tick oval ish shapes as above and cooked each off for a few minutes on each side.  Hardly took much time.  I placed one in and by time I had rolled next one and placed in the first one needed turning.  Next one Just removed cooked one, turned the next and put new one in.

After removing the puffed up pittas I wrapped them in a tea towel to keep soft so I can grill them later to fill. I preferred doing my pitta this way and will probably do them again like this. 



All wrapped safely up ready for use later.  Wrapped up in our tea towel celebrating the paralympics in London this year :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment